The ecological health of our planet is of the utmost importance to American Freight. Our company endeavors to embrace environmentally friendly practices and policies while acknowledging that a true commitment to sustainability is a continuous evolution for the betterment of our global society.
In following our guiding principle to ‘keep things simple and low cost’ at American Freight we constantly challenge our operational efficiencies by prioritizing the effective transport of our products while operating straightforward, warehouse-style stores which helps to reduce waste and our carbon footprint.
• Assigning a dedicated eco-sustainability leader to guide corporate sustainability strategies.
• Actioning a multiyear plan to create companywide energy management initiatives as well as the development of purposeful sustainability goals.
• Enacting energy efficient solutions and recycling initiatives in our corporate headquarters.
• Actioning Companywide Energy Reduction Plan: Upgrading to energy efficient LED lighting and smart thermostats, which will reduce energy consumption by 10% across company operated stores by 2024. Through August 2022, 10 stores have been upgraded.
• Actively working with vendors in the responsible disposal and recycling of inoperable products and waste.
• Complying with TSCA Title VI, the Lacey act, CAL prop 65 and other applicable state and federal laws.
• Enabling Green Leader Certification opportunities to our associates.
• Designating the development of a Corporate Sustainability Statement & landing page on our website.
• Collaborating with best-in-class appliance manufacturers in providing consumers with energy efficient products.