Shopper Satisfaction Survey & Participation Sweepstakes Promotion
2021 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE LIKELIHOOD OF WINNING.
This Shopper Satisfaction Survey & Participation Sweepstakes Promotion (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by the American Freight Family of Companies, including American Freight, LLC (doing business as American Freight – Furniture Mattress Appliance) and its affiliate American Freight Outlet Stores, LLC, doing business as American Freight – Appliance Furniture Mattress (collectively referred to as the “Sponsor” or “American Freight”). Customers are encouraged to submit feedback to the online Survey & Participation landing page (the “Online Survey”) by completing and submitting the online survey form (“Entry”) for a chance to win a $100 Visa® gift card from American Freight. A total of five (5) prizes will be awarded. The selection of the winners will be determined randomly among all eligible Entries.
1. TIMING: The Entry period begins at 12:00 a.m. EST on September 8, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on October 31, 2021 (“Entry Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONE OF THE FIFTY (50) STATES OF THE UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE.. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS (A) GOVERNED BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES, (B) VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, AND (C) SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Employees of American Freight and its former employees including retirees, parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and their respective participating advertising, promotions, and public relations agencies as well as their immediate family members or those living in the same household as such individuals are not eligible to enter.
4. HOW TO ENTER: During the Entry Period, Entrant must submit the survey asking for customer feedback and opinion through the electronic American Freight survey request link. Entrant must also provide their name, phone number and email address. Entrant must be the person who is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry. One entry per person. No copies, facsimiles, or reproductions or submissions by mail will be accepted. Limit one (1) Entry per person throughout the Entry Period.
5. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Each Entry must include one (1) completed Online Survey response. Each Entry must also comply with the following:
a) Entry may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, any content that appears to duplicate any other submitted Entries or violates any law.
b) Entrant agrees that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties.
c) Each Entry must meet the technical and content requirements of the Online Survey.
d) The Entry must be your own original work, created solely by you, and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity.
e) Entries that are lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, non-family-friendly, and/or Entry that otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material may not be submitted and may be disqualified at any time in Sponsor’s sole and unfettered discretion.
f) Entries that contain any viruses, spyware, malware or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way may not be submitted and may be disqualified at any time in Sponsor’s sole and unfettered discretion.
g) Entries must not contain any images or personally identifiable information of any person other than you. Should you include personally identifiable information about yourself in your Entry, you acknowledge and agree that such information will be disclosed publicly, and you are solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
6. SELECTION OF WINNER: Winner selection will be chosen randomly and must abide by these Official Rules. Winner chosen by Sponsor is final pending confirmation of eligibility in accordance with these Official Rules. Winner selection will take place on or about November 15th, 2021. If a chosen winner does not claim the prize within one week of being contacted, American Freight reserves the right to choose an alternate winner in its sole and absolute discretion.
7. PRIZE: Grand prize is a $100 Visa® Gift card. Five (5) grand prizes will be given away. Prize is predetermined by American Freight. Winning prize is non-negotiable and non-transferable. The selection and notification of the winning entry will be selected and notified on or about November 15th, 2021. Entrants will be notified by Sponsor via email or phone (by SMS text notification if Entrant has consented to receive such form of communications) of their selection as a winner along with instructions on how winners may claim a prize. Winners are responsible for any and all taxes associated with the prize. Odds of winning depends on the number of entries received. Visa® is not a Sponsor of this Sweepstakes.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent, officers, directors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out or in connection with the release of personal information. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the costs of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any other additional damages whatsoever, including but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for injuries, death or losses or damages to persons or property AS WELL AS CLAIMS OR ACTIONS BASED ON COPYRIGHT OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT, MISAPPROPRIATION, PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prize. An entrant may be prohibited from participating in this Sweepstakes if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants, Released Parties, or associated agencies or entities.
10. WINNERS’ LIST REQUEST: To request confirmation of the name of the winners of the Sweepstakes, please send a self-addressed, stamped business-size envelope, by September 15th, 2021 to:
109 Innovation Court, Suite J, Delaware, OH 43015
Attention: Marketing Department
11. WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Each entrant represents and warrants that their Entry is original, that they are the sole and exclusive owner and right holder of the submitted Entry, and that they have the right to submit the Entry in the Sweepstakes. Each Entrant further represents and warrants that their Entry does not (1) infringe any third party proprietary, intellectual property, industrial property, personal rights or other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligation; (2) include any personally identifiable information of any person other than entrant; or (3) otherwise violate any applicable law. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified the Released Parties at all times from and against any liability, actions, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses for or in respect of which the Released Parties may become liable by reason of or related or incidental to any act, default or omission by an entrant under these Official Rules including without limitation resulting from or in relation to any breach, non-observance, act or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, of these Official Rules by an entrant.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Ohio. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio.
13. WAIVER: Entrants hereby waive all rights to: (i) claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of-pocket costs; and (ii) have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
14. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.